Antioxidants Food Preservatives
Tertiary Butyl Hydroquinone
|Minimum Order Quantity||25 Kilogram|
|Molecular Weight||166. 22|
|Melting Range||126. 5 oc to 128 oc|
|Physical Appearance||White Crystalline Powder|
We offer TBHQ Tertiary Butyl Hydroquinone. which is the most effective synthetic food grade antioxidant, which was developed to be used in stabilizing various vegetable oils, fats and food against oxidative deterioration, thus retarding the development of rancidity in these products and extending their storage life. TBHQ exhibits an outstanding stabilizing effect in unsaturated fats, particularly in polyunsaturated vegetable oils, oils, and inedible animal fats. TBHQ can also be advantageous in essential oils, nuts buffer fat and food packing material. Thus, TBHQ provides a healthier and most favored option for preserving food products.
- Name of product: Tertiary Butyl Hydroquinone
- Common name: TBHQ
- Empirical formula: c10h14o2
- Cas number: 1947 – 33 – 0
- Purity as c10 h14o2 % by mass: 99. 0% minimum
- T-butyl p-benzoquinone, % by mass: 0. 2% maximum
- 2,5 –di-tert. Butyl hydroquinone, % by mass: 0. 2% maximum
- Hydroquinone % by mass:0. 1% maximum
- Arsenic (as as) mg/kg: 3. 0 maximum
- Heavy metals (as pb) mg/kg: 25. 0 maximum
- Toluene mg/kg: 25. 0 maximum
- UV absorbance: passes test (polynuclear hydrocarbons)
Method of Application :
The fundamental rule to follow in allying antioxidant to the food product is to ensure that the antioxidants are thoroughly dissolved and dispersed in the fat or oil portion. However, there is the choice of methods of application, depending on the product, processing methods and available equipment for the addition of tbhq.
- Direct method
- Spray method
- Antioxidant concentration method
- Proportionate method
Areas of application:
- Vegetable oil viz, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, mustard oil, coconut oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, corn oil, palm oil, groundnut oil, rice bran oil.
- Baked and confectionery products
- Edible fats
- Flavoring and spices
- Snack foods like fried potato chips, instant noodles
- Citrus Oils
- Fried nuts
- Pat foods
- Cereal and grains
- Essential oils like peppermint oil, orange oil etc.
Advantages from the use of TBHQ :
- Excellent antioxidant potency can be obtained in edible oil and fats.
- Reduction in nutritional losses.
- Extended storage life.
- Crude oil can be transported maintaining their quality.
- Item Code: TBHQ